The past few weekends have been very busy for me, food wise. Check out my Chilies, drying as I type, I hope it works….LOL!
Carving out pumpkins, roasting the seeds. What to do with pumpkin puree once you have it? Learning that “Low Carb” isn’t such a bad thing, and Foccaci Bread ….. and more.
– While cleaning set your oven to 450, make a small mix of water and table salt in a cup and wait. Once the oven is at 450, I turn it off and pop the tray of seeds to dry. You don’t want to burn them so once they’re dry, stir them around and brush the salt water over them. Just keep an eye on them, if you hear a popping sound the oven may be to hot and you may need to just stir. Brush saltwater over the seeds to your liking, once dry …… enjoy.
Pumpkin Blondies Martha Stewart – Only thing I did here was I added the pumpkin last and on top. I wanna see what I’m biting into =).
Egg Drop Soup ( the lazy way)
– Eggs Beaten
– Chicken stock ( about 2-3 cups)
– 2 tablespoons of Cornstarch mixed in cold water
– 2-3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
– Ground Ginger ( Fresh if you got it)
– Green Onion ( cut rings)
Bring stock to boil, add Cornstarch, Soy sauce, ginger and stir. Then in a slow steady stream add the beaten egg and top with green onion. On a side note, the super duper lazy way, bag of raman soup make as directed and add an egg. Enjoy!
Bread Machine Foccia Bread
The things you do when you’re bored. I got a rosemary plant this past spring and its been great!
Everything in here needs to go in order in the breadmaker pan.
1. Wet stuff
– 1 1/2 Cups of Water
– 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
2. Dry ( in Order)
3 Cups Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Dry Rosemary
1 Teaspoon Dry Oregano or in my case Italian herb mix
1 Tablespoon Sugar
3. Make a well or hole in the middle of the dry stuff
Add the 2 Teaspoon of yeast in the well or hole
Pop the pan into the bread maker and press the button till you get to the “Dough” setting.
Let it run for a bit, if it’s sticking really bad add about 2 teaspoons of Flour as it’s moving around. I did that yesterday. When the thing says it has “30 min” left, turn it off and wait 10 mins then take a metal bowl brush it with olive oil all over. Transfer the dough to the bowl and cover it with a towel or manta. Leave it alone till it rises. On a floured area roll the dough out and place in a rectangular pan. I cut mine in half and baked into 2 thin rectangles, let it rise one more time. Thinner is crispier, how the kids like it. Poke the dough and brush Olive Oil on it then Bake at 425 for 15-20 mins. Once our top with Parmesan or Romano Cheese, sea salt and some more oil and Rosemary.
Low Carb is not a bad thing!
My doctor has limited me to 30g of carbs a meal. Yikes! Here are some small changes I’ve made in my low carb trip. Zucchini is your friend, and so is the julienne peeler. It looks like spaghetti and takes less time to cook, pop the strips of zucchini in a steamer bag or blanch in water. Add your sauce and you have dinner!
( Wonderful Paleo site with Spaghetti and Meatball recipe – Nomnom Paleo )
Cauliflower Rice, yes it a great sub for rice! Check it out here >> Everyday Maven
Eating less bread is very hard for me, but I’m trying!